Monday, October 12, 2009

Never Slow Dance With A Zombie Fest


Every year...

Seven days before Halloween...

On the 24th day of October...

The zombies rise...

But on this day, they not only walk... they DANCE!

So this year to celebrate the occasion, I will be hosting the Never Slow Dance With A Zombie Fest. Where all my friends, followers and fellow zombie lovers can join in the festivities. This year's Never Slow Dance With A Zombie Fest will be a star-studded occasion. Who are the stars? I don't know yet. I've got to scrounge some up. But trust me, they will be there.

The Never Slow Dance With A Zombie Fest takes place:

Date: Saturday October 24th
Time: 7PM
Location: The Los Angeles Meeting & Event Center
Address: 10601 W. Washington Blvd. LA, CA 90032

The fest will feature a short reading by me of my novel by the same name, music, costumes, a signing, food, dancing, and a few surprises.

And it's Free. You heard me--FREE for all my friends and fans. All you need to do is request an invitation.

Cousin Pam (www.cerenitycatering.com,) who catered the Book Soup event has gone all out with this one. The menu includes such living dead delicacies as: Assorted zombie sandwiches; Teriyaki Flesh Skewers, Polenta Crostini w/caramelized Brains. And my favorite: soylent green patties. Soylent Green! I LOVE that old movie. You go, Pam! By the way, they're just green crabcakes. Not the real Soylent Green. Ha, ha. Check out the photos of her last spread on my Ning Page: Click here: e. van lowe - Where friends of E. Van Lowe can come and chat. That girl lays out a mean spread, huh?

The Zombiettes from Comicon will also be there, along with Zombie Dirk. And I hear Margot Jean Johnson may be making a special appearance. All are encouraged to come in costume. And the theme is the Winter Dance from the book. But you don't need a costume to join in the fun. All you need to do is show up. And to top this all off, I plan to do the Zombie Dance. You definitely do not want to miss that. I just may break my sacroiliac... I heard that in a song.

And remember this event is FREE. All you have to do is request an invitation from me at info@evanlowe.com. Even though it's free I am only giving out 50 invites. Did you hear me???--JUST FIFTY INVITES! This is going to be a hot ticket. The first fifty to respond will get in free. The rest of you are out of luck.

So if you're planning on being in Los Angeles the end of October, or have friends out here, please take the time to respond: info@evanlowe.com. I will be posting more surprises throughout the week.

On Saturday October 24th, the zombies will rise, and on that day they will DANCE!

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I absolutely love it! Congratulations on your release party! I'm sure you will all have a wonderful time! I'm so jealous...I live all the way on the East Coast!

    Have fun dining and dancing! Cousin Pam has THE BEST food ideas and if it looks anything like the Book Soup reading, it's sure to be a huge hit! I wish you all the best!

    Have fun!

    Love, Luck and Continued Success,
    Amy x0xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds zombie hip, sounds zombie happening! i'm spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! Hope you have a fun time :) Can't wait for you to come to NY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll dance like a Zombie in my best Abercrombie
    Get my Zombeat on from Dusk til Dawn
    Rolling with my BZF's Shaun and Bella Swan
    with my lips a bloody red, I'll party with The Dead
    and 28 Days Later will be time for Zombie Bed.

    See you there! xox Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susie wins the poetry contest. I didn't know I had one. I love you, Suz. See you there.

    E

    ReplyDelete