Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Trolling For Reviews

I was trolling for reviews this evening when I came across a review of one of my books that cracked me up.  What is trolling for reviews?  That's what I call it when I go to Goodreads and scroll my books looking for a good new review. Yes, even the vaunted E. Van Lowe needs an ego boost from time-to-time  :-)   That's what I was doing this evening, killing some time and hoping to find something to boost my ego. Boyfriend From Hell has nearly 300 Goodreads ratings and 85 reviews, so finding a good new one can take a while.  But I'm glad I took the time.  I found a review posted today by Cindy.  It was perfect. Not because she wrote such an awesome review. But because it reads like a posting from someone who got the book and really enjoyed it.  And isn't that what we authors live for?  It's not for the money, although I'm sure we'd all love it, it's for fans.  We live to hear that readers love our books.  Cindy's review is full of quotes and even contains a photo of Rupert Grint, Ron Weasley, who Cindy thinks would be the perfect Matt.



"God, how I love Ronald Weasley"  That's Cindy talking, not me.  But I have to agree.  He's a great choice. Cindy is my kind of girl. She really got the book and took the time to comment on all the characters. Here's a link to her review: Cindy's Review

By the way, my post on The Twenty-Five has gotten some awesome responses.  I am so pleased to say I now have a Twenty-Five.  If you've asked to be a member you will be receiving an email from me in the next few weeks welcoming you to the group.  And if you're reading this and would like to become a member, I can have have more than 25 members.  That's the idea.  Just read the earlier post and send me an email.  Easy Peasy.

I haven't blogged for a while because I am doing final edits on Heaven Sent, the third book in the Falling Angels Saga.  But if you're looking for an E. Van Lowe read with my inimitable sense of humor, you don't have to wait for Heaven Sent.  The first book in my Hollyweird series, The Zombie Always Knocks Twice is now out.  Sales have been slow, so I could use your help, but the reviews have been as good as ever.  You can read a few here. Hollyweird on Goodreads.

All right, Frans, I have to get back to work.  The new one is due out in December.  If you're an author and on Goodreads, you never know what gems you'll turn up while trolling for reviews.  Cindy's review is the perfect example because it prompted this post.  Thanks again, Cindy.

Troll responsibly.

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Following you on twitter and subscribed your blog. Your website was very cool too :) Didn't have the time to read many of your posts in your blog, but I will do and from what I read I think you have really cool ideas ;)
    Peace, LaduBug
    http://english-written-portairt.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete