Sunday, February 22, 2009

Slumdogs & Zombies

It's Hollywood's big night--The Academy Awards. I'm having chips and guac and tequila at my exclusive Oscar party. That hot ticket event will be starting soon right on my sofa. Oh, yeah!

I spoke to my brother earlier today, who like most of us, is picking Slumdog Millionaire to take home the big prize. It's a great movie and I'd like to see it win. But I have a second reason I think Danny Boyle should win the big prize. He was the film maker behind Twenty-Eight Days Later. One of the best zombie movies ever, Ever, EVER!

THEY OWE HIM!

Face it, we know the academy is never going to give an Oscar to a zombie movie--at least not until they give one to MY zombie movie. Heh-heh! So we, the zombie movie fans of America, will accept this Slumdog Millionaire award in honor of the excellent carnage Danny Boyle delivered in Twenty-Eight Days Later. Are you with me?

Uh-oh! Gotta go. The red carpet show is on. Ooh! There's Natalie Portman. Enjoy the show.

Sleep tight, don't let the zombies bite.

2 comments:

  1. As usual, I'm posting after the Oscars so i'm sory of "Arm Chair Quarterbacking" here but I am sooo glad "SlumDog Millionaire" won. I'm also glad Sean Penn won. Not really an Oscar watcher but as far as the big prizes, I have no complaints. But onto the zombies and such. If you do a zombie holocaust movie about global warming, you're a shoo in.

    ReplyDelete