Thursday, February 23, 2012

Heaven Sent



Heaven Sent is the title of the next book (Book Three) in the Falling Angels Saga. It's also how I feel about many of you book bloggers out there.  You know who you are.  And I am not just talking about the bloggers who have supported my work.  I am talking about the bloggers who support all of us authors.

Over the past few weeks, I have written about authors using Goodreads and Twitter as their most effective marketing tools.  But book bloggers are really our most effective tool.  You guys review our books and then post your reviews where readers can find them.  You guys praise us and our books to your followers on your blogs and Twitter and Facebook.  You guys send kind messages to us when we're having bad days and need a psychological boost. And I'm not just referring to the big bloggers with thousands of followers.  A blogger with 100 followers can beat the drum for you just as effectively as a big blogger can.  Authors, DO NOT take book blogggers lightly.  They are the backbone of the industry.  It's great to be listed in the New York Times, but in this digital age, book bloggers are your key to greater sales--and they make excellent friends.

Okay, I think I've heaped enough much needed praise, now I want to catch you up on what's happening with me.  My novel, Heaven Sent (the sequel to Boyfriend From Hell and Earth Angel) is underway.  SPOILER ALERT.  If you haven't yet read Earth Angel, skip the rest of this paragraph... The next book in the series picks up eight weeks after Earth Angel, and it starts off with a bang as Megan has a huge awakening about the abilities she may possess.  Love is in the air, but not for who you might think.  And as promised in the riddle at the end of Earth Angel, someone returns, but that's all I am going to say.  I need to keep your appetites whet until December. So I will tease you with tempting little tid bits over the coming months. Buaaahahaaaaa!

I am also happy to announce that I have finally gotten the editor's notes for the first book in my Hollyweird series.  The publisher who originally bought the book last year went out of business.  The head of that house took my book with her and is now at a new publishing house Waterstreet Press, that will be opening their doors any day now.  I am so excited about this book.  I wrote it three years ago, so it's about time you guys got to see it.  I can't wait. It's the story of a fifteen and a half year-old necromancer living in Hollywood California.  The title of each book in the series is a play on an old Hollywood movie title.  The title of the first book is: The Zombie Always Knocks Twice.  I will keep you posted as the new book moves closer to publication.  It should be out some time this summer.

Boyfriend From Hell and Earth Angel continue to do well in sales.  Both books have been blessed with excellent reviews.  Boyfriend From Hell now has 50 four and five star ratings on Goodreads.  Earth Angel  has 20 four and five star ratings on Goodreads, with more coming everyday. 

I have received quite a few compliments about my The Way I See It posts.  I am so glad some of you are finding them helpful.  I will be posting another one some time next week.  If you subscribe to my newsletter you will get an email alerting you to the posting.  If you don't already subscribe, why not do it now.  http://evanlowe.com/

And finally, my cover artist Adara Rosalie, has created an exclusive Earth Angel iphone 4s cover case for my iphone.  If you think you'd like to win one of these as a prize in a contest, go over to my Facebook Fan Page  and like the Earth Angel iphone comment before April 3rd.

Peace.

5 comments:

  1. The Zombie Always Knocks Twice!!! God, I love how your mind works, E-Man!!! I'll be standing in line for this one :D

    I always enjoy reading what you have to say, and thank you for appreciating us wee bloggers as well as the big ones :)

    And, of course, there is also the trickle down effect [not to be confused with the infamous trickle down economics of the 70's lol] ... so while my baby blog slumbers in silence more often than not, in *real life* I'm always raving about this book or that to whomever will listen/cannot-actively-run-away. So the word does get out now & then ~ heh heh

    We luvs ya E, keep on truckin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi E just found your blog dear through book blogs . have fun and loved reading this . Im looking forward to see all my new book blog friends . thanks .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I freaking love your new cover art!!! Awesome!!

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those covers! So eye catching. Following your blog now. Thanks for the comment on book bloggers

    ReplyDelete
  5. E,I am so looking forward to Boyfriend from Hell and Earth Angel. I am putting those on my "To Read" list on Goodreads; and I will definitely review them on my little blog www.readtomyhearts.blogspot.com
    I have always loved reading and writing from an early age, and I praise you to have the courage and confidence to realize your dreams and take hold! I too, sometimes get my feelings hurt when I get negative criticism but then I realize it will help me in the long run. Good luck on everything!

    ReplyDelete