Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tired


I am tired.

I'm helping out with the rewrites of the scripts for a web series that begins shooting on Saturday. This week I've put my manuscript aside and have been working closely with the director to ensure he has a great script to work from. It's almost 10 at night. I've been at it almost all day, but my day is not over. I am sitting here waiting for the director to email or call me and tell me he has approved the changes I made.

We had an actor fall out (translation--he got a better gig), and today they cast another actor, who's actually a bigger name than the guy who fell out--go figure. And so tomorrow I will have to change all his lines to suit him. Ahh, Hollywood. I love it *through gritted teeth*

The rest of this week is pretty much shot as far as completing the first Hollyweird book goes. I suppose some of this stuff is research for Hollyweird, and that's good. And at the end of the day, I am writing. I am a professional writer. I am achieving my childhood dream. And somewhere in all this mess, it's fun.

Oh, yeah, I'm supposed to be on the set 6:30 Saturday morning. I like getting up early... like 6:30. For me, that's early. But to be on the set at 6:30, fueled by enough coffee so that I'm not a walking zombie, means getting up at like 5:00. FIVE AM!!! Do the three exclamation marks scream my point? Ugh! Like I said... chalk it up to research.

Sleep tight all. Me, I am waiting for changes. And I'm tired.

1 comment: