Monday, June 8, 2009

News & Thanks

The weekend is over, and I survived the shoot. The early mornings, the long days, the lousy food and getting rained on for part of an exterior. But everyone is happy. And like I said, I survived! Yay!

Breaking News

I have some exciting news. Never Slow Dance With A Zombie has just been sold to Scholastic book clubs and fairs. My editor tells me they don't offer many YA books, and usually don't take as many copies as they ordered. She tells me this is a GREAT sale for Tor. I remember The Scholastic Book Club from when I was in school. Back then circulars were handed out in class and we'd choose the books we wanted to order based on cover art and short blurbs. I think you got points that led to prizes for certain books, but it's too long ago for me to remember. Does anyone know how it works today? Is it still like that?

Anyway, I am over the moon with the size of the Scholastic order. Thanks Tor sales staff for getting NSDWAZ off to such a good start.

More Thanks

I would also like to take a moment to thank some bloggers who have been incredibly helpful to me in getting the word out about NSDWAZ . Carrie, of Carrie's Bookshelf, Velvet, of VVB Reads, and Lauren of Shooting Stars Magazine. I really appreciate you ladies mentioning my book in your blogs. I am both honored and flattered. Thank you all. And If I left anyone out, I apologize. Also, I recently did an interview for The Book Resort. It was my first. I will add a link when the interview is posted so you can read it. I don't think I did too badly, but I will let you decide. If I did, please let me know.

And finally, I spoke with my publicist, Amber today. She is trying to book me for signings at the Northern California Regional Trade Show, the Southern California Regional Trade Show, and a book store in the San Fernando valley. Both shows take place in October. I will let you know if I am lucky enough to get booked or a signing.

I am grateful for those of you who have been following and advising me on this journey toward publication. It has been at times both daunting and exhilarating. My very first post lamented that publication was "ten whole months away." Now we're just three months from publication, and I am too excited... and nervous. But that's a story for another time. All for now.

Sleep tight, don't let the zombies bite.

5 comments:

  1. That's how I remember the Scholastic Book Club. I think they also do in person sales once a year. I remember them setting up shop in the computer lab, turning it into a mini-book store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - Scholastic Book Fair... now THAT is something I have not thought of in 15+ years! Good for you, sounds like a great hook up! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're quite welcome, I'm so excited things are going well. I hope some of those bookings/signings work out and congrats on the Scholastic book sale. So cool.

    I had those when I was in middle school and I loved them. It was set up in the library and we all got to look around at school...but your parents bought the books when they want for parent/teacher conferences that week or whatever. My mom pretty much only went to see the teachers b/c I loved to read and she wanted to get me something that I'd been eyeing at school.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats with Scholastic! You can't go wrong with them considering Harry Potter... Ahhh, thanks for the thanks. I've only just begun with starting the September Zombies festival. Hope to spread more zombie love with the release of your book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good heavens. That's awesome. Congrats!

    I remember getting those fliers in school too. I think I may still have a few of those books around too. In fact, I ran across one of them last week, "Ghosts Beneath Our Feet."

    ReplyDelete