Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hollyweird Tuesday Trivia Summer Challenge



Today is the first day of summer. But according to calculations, summer starts around noon. So, tomorrow is actually the first full day of summer. Tomorrow is also my birthday. Yep, I’m a summer time guy. I love the summer. I love hot weather. We are coming into my favorite time of year. To celebrate my birth and the birthday of summer, I am hosting a Hollyweird Tuesday Trivia Challenge-summer challenge. Unlike our last (Summer Blockbuster movie trivia challenge), the movie in this trivia challenge will have the word summer in its title. The movie, A Summer Place, would be a good answer. But I know most of you haven’t even heard of that movie so it’s not A Summer Place. However, you need to think of other movies with the word summer in their title.








Many of you have found these challenges a bit too easy—at least from where I’m sitting. And so, I am hoping to up the ante with this one. However, I won’t be surprised if seven of you get it within the first hour. But I hope this one at least makes you think, or google movies with summer in their titles. But, like I said, I won’t be surprised.

And remember, while we call it the Hollyweird Tuesday Trivia Challenge, you don't have to enter today. You have 6 days to enter. The drawing closes Sunday evening. So everyone has plenty of time to come up with the correct answer. But just one entry per person will be accepted. The winner will receive a free $10 Amazon gift card. On Monday I will draw a winner from all the correct answers, and post the winner here next Tuesday. Are you ready for the challenge?

In what movie with summer in its title did somebody say: “It’s love, it’s not Santa Claus.”

As a reminder, there are a few things you will need to do to qualify. You need to do #1 or #2, plus the three other things listed below:

1) Be a registered follower of this blog, or
2) ...follow me at http://www.evanlowe.com/
3) leave a comment on this blog in the comment section on any of my posts anytime during the week of the current challenge. DO NOT put your answer in the comments, instead…
4) send your answer to me at info@evanlowe.com
5)mention the Hollyweird Tuesday Trivia Challenge either on your blog or in a tweet the week of the current challenge.
Do 1 +3,4&5, or 2 +3 ,4&5 and you are entered to win. Remember, you must do four things to qualify to win.

My friend Lulilut, a recent Hollyweird Tuesday Trivia Challenge winner, left a trivia challenge for me on my blog. I thought it was tough, but I got it. Wanna take a crack at it?

Which movie pokes fun at writers by having a screenwriter tricked into traveling by ship, but due to overcrowding, has to bunk down in the cargo hold in one of the animal cages to finish writing the script?

No prize for this one, just bragging rights. Thanks Lulilut, for a terrific challenge. Good luck, and please tell friends. We need more players. If we can substantially up the players, I will substantially up the prize. Then it will really get interesting. Peace.





12 comments:

  1. Oooh movie challenges - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW IT! LOL! This was a fun!
    viajeradelmar@AOL.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, but I'm going to find out!

    New follower from Book Blogs, I love this Tuesday Trivia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!!
    Thank you so much for stopping by, commenting and following my blog, I am now a new follower!
    Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! Hope it's a great day! Thinking...thinking...great trivia question this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm, yes, um no, lol I think I got :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Follow, tweeted, and emailed! I love these trivia questions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lasergirl's blog and my blog are not being friendly right now, and everytime she tries to post, it won't let her. But Lasergirl sent her email and made her blog or twitter entry. I got you, Lasergirl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm following you on GFC (Darlene), and my email address is darlenesbooknook at gmail dot com.

    I emailed the answer to you.

    Here is my tweet:
    http://twitter.com/#!/DarleneBookNook/status/83602218216984576

    Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday and Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey,this looks fun. I'm already a follower of this blog, I emailed the answer and I also posted about your contest. http://mardel-rabidreader.blogspot.com/2011/06/hollyweird-trivia-contest-link.html

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to google this, just so I can brag LOL!

    ReplyDelete