Monday, February 21, 2011

Is It Soup Yet?


That's a line from an old Campbell's soup commercial. The kid who calls out the line, runs into the house, and his mother proudly says "It's soup!" Which if you think about it is kinda dumb. It's not like she's been slaving over a hot stove all day. It's Campbell's soup for Chrissake. Open a can, pour in water, five minutes later, it's soup. Duh!

But I digress. I have been dying to see the first wave of book covers created by art director, Daniel Will-Harris, for my new novel, Boyfriend From Hell. And guess what? It's soup!

Yesterday my publisher sent me the covers. This evening he sent some revisions. I am very pleased. The question is, will you be pleased. I need your honest and unbiased feedback. And to coax you into giving me that feedback I will be revealing the covers on Friday along with a cover contest. ARCs and other goodies are promised. In the meantime, I am going to call on a few blogger friends with discriminating followers to see if they'd like to co-host this contest with me. If you'd like to co host let me know in the comments.

They say don't judge a book by it's cover, but we all do. Book covers are a very important first impression. Above is the awesome cover art for my first novel, Never Slow Dance With A Zombie. That cover helped me sell almost 40,000 books. If you haven't read it yet, I may be giving an autographed copy away in the contest as well.

Until Friday.

5 comments:

  1. oo-oo-oo, waving hand. co-host here ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've emailed you, happy to co-host!

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the covers!! Until Friday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rusty, I love your covers. I downloaded Undercover Zombie night before last. I plan to read it over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete