Wednesday, December 22, 2010

E's Christmas Movie Trivia Challenge


I know, I know. Yesterday was Tuesday. I've been side-tracked with the holidays. I thought of not doing this contest, but I love Christmas. I also love Christmas movies, and wanted to share some of that love with you. Those of you who know me know I have a Christmas Eve tradition of screening my favorite Christmas movie, Die Hard. For more on my Die Hard contest post go here.

Anyway, in honor of the holiday I am hosting a Christmas Movie Trivia Challenge. It's just like the Hollyweird Tuesday Trivia Challenge with the exception that the quote will be from a popular Christmas movie.

The movie I have selected is one of my recent favorites. And the winner of this contest will win a $25 Amazon gift card. I'm sure twenty-five bucks can come in handy this time of year.


I'd like everyone who enters (or even if you don't enter) to do me a favor and share the title of one of your favorite Christmas movies. It might be one that's not on my list. Just leave it in the comments.

And now for the quote: In what recent Christmas movie did one of the stars say: "They just saw us on the news!"

I know it's the holidays, but I sure would like a number of you to respond. If you don't know the answer--guess. You have until Saturday, Christmas day to come up with an answer. And if you don't want to play, at least leave the name of a Christmas movie fave in the comments. I will post the winner here next Tuesday. The rules are the same as the Hollyweird Tuesday Trivia Challenge. If you are new and don't know the rules, they are in the Die Hard post here.

Thank you so much for following my blog. And stay tuned, on New Year's Eve I'm going to announce my new novel coming out next year. Happy Holidays.

24 comments:

  1. Ummmm, "Four Christmases" I think....

    My all-time favorite Christmas movie is "The Bishop's Wife" with Cary Grant, Loretta Young and David Niven

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's from "Four Christmases." Just watched it recently...such a cute movie!

    shelcows AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four Christmases! :)

    Ooo favorite Christmas movie... I'm a big fan of kids movies so I'd have to go with A Charlie Brown Christmas.

    dragonzgoil at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've sent you an Email with the answer
    Favourite Christmas movie:Christmas caper.

    raluk.93 at gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to watch White Christmas every year or it just isn't Christmas. I'm also a sucker for Love Actually.

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was GOING to guess Elf, but it sounds like it's actually Four Christmases. Oh well...

    As for my favorite holiday films, I love How the Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey. Love Actually is sweet as well for the older crowd.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess I should have posted the rules. The answers are supposed to be emailed to me. But it's all good. It's Christmas! I will still put all the correct answers in a hat and draw on Monday.

    Dawn G, I have never seen The Bishop's Wife. Thanks. I will check it out. PinkStuff 28, I've never heard of Christmas Caper. But it sounds like my kind of movie.

    Thank you all for your Christmas movie comments. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the giveaway!
    I am a follower.
    I emailed you my answer.
    Tweeted here: http://twitter.com/lulilut/status/17687947759321088

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forgot to add - My favorite Christmas movie is: A Christmas Story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE A Christmas Story. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. follower, emailed answer, posted on fb and twitter, and my blog www.lasergirl70.blogspot.com
    I love Christmas Vacation, but also LOve Actually is a wonderful Christmas movie. I like that Die Hard is your favorite, it's good when people pick movies that are not "traditional" Christmas movies and just set at Christmas time. Merry Christmas. E.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. and here is the direct link to my blog post;
    http://lasergirl70.blogspot.com/2010/12/es-blog-es-christmas-movie-trivia.html
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. MY all time favorite Christmas movie(s) - an olde fashioned double feature - Reefer Madness and Freaks. That pair will jingle your bells!
    Merry/Happy ~Dubin

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tweeted (@titania86), follow you on blogger, and emailed the answer.

    My favorite Christmas movies are The Nightmare Before Christmas, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and the original Miracle on 34th St. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. squeeeee! looking forward to hearing more about hollyweird next month. and, ooo, i'm getting some new xmas titles to try out. my current fave is Holiday as i just watched recently. fave classic is It's A Wonderful Life.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite Christmas movie is "White Christmas".
    I am a follower, I follow you on Twitter, sent you my answer, and tweeted here: http://twitter.com/#!/YearofTiger86/status/18543843204927488

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you everyone for participating. You made my Christmas extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh yeah, also wanted to mention, Hogfather! must watch!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Never heard of it. Checking it out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just watched the "Hogfather" trailer. Looks like fun. Going to see if Tivo can find it coming up on TV. Thanks, Velvet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Now I need to go see 'Four Christmases'! I'm a huge fan of the original 'Christmas Carol' along with the 'Scrooged' interpretation. Love 'A Christmas Story', it's tradition to let it run as background noise all Christmas day. 'Die Hard' was my trivia film on the 20th, nobody guessed the quote. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey, Elliott. Welcome. I would've killed on that Die Hard trivia. I even know obscure lines from the movie--which is even sadder.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well, you're welcome any time. Right now I'm running the big trivia contest, with prizes galore (including bacon.)

    ReplyDelete