Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Where Have You Been?

That's the question many of my friends have been asking. "Where have you been, E?" I'd like to say I'd been too sick to write... or so busy touring or working that I haven't had the time. But none of these things are true. So where have I been?

Watching basketball. Watching basketball? I know, that's as bad as the dog ate my homework. How much time can it possibly take to watch basketball? Well, that depends on how much of a fanatic you are. Anyone who has been following me since last March knows I have one big vice--The NCAA basketball tournament, better known as March Madness. Selection Sunday is like Christmas for me. So in mid January I started watching college basketball, studying the teams, their styles of play, their weaknesses. I subscribed to ESPNU so I could watch the little known teams. This year I decided I was going to be a basketball expert, picking every winner of every game. No one has ever done that.

And what will this distinction get me? Nothing. Just the satisfaction of knowing I did it. The tournament starts tomorrow. I will post my daily victories here and humorous summation starting Friday. And for those of you who want the sleeper pick, the one that will make you lots of money. I picked West Virginia to win it all. And if I can figure out how to post my magical million dollar bracket, I will do that tomorrow after the tournament starts. This way I know I'm the only person in America with the BIG WINNER.

Anyway, that's where I've been. Oh... I have been writing, and reading. But mostly I've been watching basketball.

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand. That's something that my husband and my youngest son both watch a lot- so much that when I could I got another tv for my bedroom (for me to watch). What really happened is that there were two tv's both with sports on!

    ReplyDelete