Monday, July 6, 2009

Next

I had an awesome 4th of July.

We hung out at our place in Palm Springs with friends; eating, swimming, playing games; I a had a margarita or two, and I read. I sat outside by the pool in the mornings, listening to the birds sing, and I read. I LOVE summer time. It's my favorite time of year. I'm reading Patient Zero by John Maberry.
Click here: Macmillan: Patient Zero: A Joe Ledger Novel Jonathan Maberry: Books It's another zombie book that came highly recommended. It's not a YA, and I'm about a third of the way through and not sure how I feel about it. Maybe I read too many YAs. I was told it was going to be a roller coaster ride, but the ride hasn't started yet. I'm not saying don't read this book. I just don't know how I feel about it yet. I'll read some more tonight.

I'm also a huge tennis fan, and over the weekend I ODd on Wimbeldon, where I got to see Serena beat Venus. I was rooting for Venus. And Roger Federer beat Andy Roddick. I like them both, but Roddick is an American who had never won Wimbeldon. Federer has won 5 times. All in all it was a pretty cool weekend. But now I'm back in LA, working on a short term production that shoots on Wednesday... and I have a book launching in less than two months. Can you believe it?

I want to take a moment to thank you all for coming along on this journey with me. I started blogging in January about my road to publication. I had no followers. Now I have a bunch of new friends whose blogs I read, and who I share this journey with. It's almost over guys. What happens next? I guess I hope I sell some books, do some readings, and shed some joy... And have Boyfriend From Hell (my second novel) published. Whatever it is, I am looking forward to what happens next. I hope you will stay on the journey with me. I love having you along. You're kind of like my security blanket.

Sleep tight...

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good weekend. I didn't do much, but it wasn't too bad. :) That's the main thing.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see the website? All you, all the time ;)

    ReplyDelete