Sunday, August 12, 2012

Proud Papa

Today I'm not E. Van Lowe the author.  Today I am playing the role of proud papa. The rock band, Year of The Dragon, opened for the Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Staples Center last night. My son, Latif, is the YOTD bass player. The Staples Center is where the Lakers play. It's the largest venue in the city. So you can imagine how excited I was to hear that my boy would be rockin' that stage.


The crowd gathers for the Chili Peppers
Little do they realize what's in store



That's my boy rockin' out with the red guitar.
Hey, I have those same red shoes


Eventually the Chili Peppers came out
and really rocked.  I'd like to believe
it was my SON who got the party started


Father and son share an embrace between bands.
He's standing two steps below.
Yes, he is that much taller then me.


It was a great evening for both of us.  I'm still smiling.  Thanks for such a great night, Son.  I'm sure all you parents out there know exactly how I feel  :-)

Peace.





5 comments: