Monday, March 9, 2009

Back For A Return Engagement

My editor sent me the typeset text galleys of my new novel to review the other day. Can you believe it? Never Slow Dance With A Zombie is now set in type. Yowzah!

Although she told me the last time I received the pages it would be The Last Time I could make changes. Now she's saying this is the very last time I can make changes and only small changes at that. But you know how it is when you review something--you always see things you can change.

I am trying to be philosophical about this. I wrote the novel two and a half years ago. I am almost finished with my third YA, and yet, each time I return to this--my first--I want to make it better. I know I need to move on. Proof it, add a few small things that can make it pop and that's it. But I so want it to be exciting, fun and entertaining for my fans... okay, would-be fans. And I don't want it to stink... I'll just have to trust my gut on this one.

Wish me luck.

Sleep tight.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck! You've already got one fan here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm sure you know the feeling is mutual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I'm waiting for the release date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much. Good luck with the j-o-b hunt.

    ReplyDelete